Gary is a charter member and involved in the formation of this project at it’s inception attending the original training with Ernesto Sirolli.
- Masters of Science Degree in Feed Science and Management from Kansas State University
- Bachelor of Science in Feed Technology from Kansas State University
- Lortscher Agri Services, Bern, Kansas, owner and company president from 1975-2010. Mr. Lortscher expanded the company into a major supplier of ingredients and nutritional supplements in the pet food industry and diversified their agriculture services.
- Lortscher Grain Company as an employee, located in Bern, Kansas, he later acquired the company.
- United States Agency for International Development, served as an agricultural technician in the West African countries of Guinea and Nigeria.
Gary and his wife Betty, who also serves on the board, are citizens of the world, serving in the Peace Corps, where they met in Guinea, South Africa and since have traveled around the world twice.