- Masters of Science Degree in Adult Education with an emphasis on Extension Education from Kansas State University.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture from Kansas State University.
- Recipient of the Kansas State Research and Extension Team Award for Innovating and Programming for his work on the Delaware Watershed Atrazine Education Program and Innovative Dairy Education Efforts.
- Certified Community Coach earned through the Center for Engagement and Community Development, Kansas State University, Manhattan Kansas.
- (2006 – Current) Meadowlark Extension District Director and Community Economic Development Specialist. The extension district covers Nemaha, Jackson and Jefferson counties in Northeast Kansas.
- Previous: (1988-2006) County Extension Agent in Seneca, Kansas serving Nemaha County.